Joe Transhumanist

Accelerating technological change is affecting every aspect of your life. You're going to live longer. You're going to see amazing technologies. Things you took for granted for decades are shifting under your feet. It's impossible to chart these changes out past a couple years. Eventually, it'll be down to months. So how does a regular joe, a non-scientist, embrace this while living a so-called "normal" life? Is it even possible? Herein is my approach.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

To Paleo or not to Paleo?

A pretty interesting article about the Paleo diet can be found here.

I personally have not gone 100% in this direction, but the science and data are telling, especially as related to gluten.  As I detail in my H+ article, "My H+ Reboot", my dietary changes have revolved around consuming more dark fruits and vegetables and fiber, minimizing salt, and eliminating processed sugar.  I do tend to eat a fair amount of gluten-rich foods (pastas and breads), and I do also consume dairy products, but don't seem to notice any adverse health effects from these things.  Indeed, the other changes I've affected have pretty obviously had a positive health impact.

If I had to describe my lifestyle concisely, here it is:  Avoid sugar.  Avoid processed foods and chemicals.  Exercise intensively and regularly.





No comments:

Post a Comment